Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Longread #346 -- I Can Die Now -- 7/10/13

Just about two weeks ago, the U.S. Supreme Court's struck down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). Just a few days after, I had the honor of attending the wedding of two friends, both of whom are women. It was amazing to be a part of after such a historic ruling and only reaffirmed my belief that "love is love," and that opposition to gay marriage is ill-founded. While the wedding touched on the emotional side of this issue for me, this article struck a nerve with my practical side. It made me realize the true, life-altering importance of this ruling for many, many families.

And on a programming note, I'll be on vacation yet again tomorrow and Friday. Sorry about the lack of longreads!

"I Can Die Now" by Dan Savage
Published in the Stranger, July 3, 2013

Eric

1 comment:

  1. Good representation about the realities of the situation and how theory impacts real life. Stop being so fucking lazy Suni, life isn't one big vacation...or is it???

    ReplyDelete