Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Longread #150 -- When the Mango Bites Back -- 9/12/12

On my recent vacation through New Orleans, several of my friends came down with an awful case of food poisoning. Unfortunately, we are exposed to a huge number of food-borne pathogens, and when we travel, we increase our chances of ingesting pathogens that are unfamiliar and that can make us sick. This article provides helpful information for anyone who travels as it discusses many of the best ways of trying to manage food-borne illness. As someone who travels with an "eat anything and everything" mentality, I found this to be both interesting and informative.

"When the Mango Bites Back" by Gardiner Harris
Published in the New York Times Well Blog, August 27, 2012
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/27/when-the-mango-bites-back/

Eric

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had read this before going abroad because I was under similar ideas that stomach bacteria could take care of most toxic bacteria.

    It's weird that they don't explain these things to you at the travel doctor's. It seems an easy thing to explain and may help people combat illness quicker.

    ReplyDelete